Tuesday 30 April 2013

What would you say...money on the streets

What's the correct answer when a serial beggar approaches the people you're talking to and asks for money?  When the answer is "no", what's the next thing to say when the person says they can give you change for big notes?

The particular man I've thinking of is someone I come across at least twice a week in Melbourne's CBD.  I never know where he's going to cross my path.  If refused, he becomes aggressive.

If I wasn't paying attention I could easily give my money to anyone who asks.  I suppose there's nothing wrong with that until I discover that I can't pay my rent or I've given away all the GST I've collected for the government.

So what is the right answer when a beggar offers to give you change?

No comments:

Post a Comment