Friday 19 April 2013

My favourite things this week

Today I played the role of a woman whose partner has some kind of cardiac event before her very eyes, about four weeks after open heart surgery.  Luckily, I had the pleasure of working opposite a man with whom I work regularly and is a good friend.  We drove in together and started to play our characters from the moment we greeted each other.  We were asked several times during the course of the day whether we are partners in real life.  Other people who knew we weren't continually stated that we looked like a couple.  I'm constantly amazed by the power of acting and it's always fun to play scenes like this with a person you know.

Working out how to delete books from my Sony e-reader is a major achievement.  There are forums all over the internet and none of it made much sense.  I just started pressing buttons on the reader and it worked!  This is my standard approach to technology and it generally works.  A known issue with the reader is that it will sync multiple copies of each book from the software on the computer to the reader.    Apart from being annoying, it meant I actually ran out of space on the reader.

Related to that, I thought I had an SD card in my reader, but discovered that I only have a piece of grey plastic, shaped like an SD card.  One of my favourite moments!

The change of season from summer to autumn is finally happening.  We had rain, wind and cooler nights.  I even turned on my electric blanket last night before I went to bed - just to take the chill off the bed.  It's always fun to rediscover the rest of the wardrobe - all those gorgeous scarves I've knitted.  It also means I don't resent the days I have to wear a suit for work.

I recently discovered the band, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals.  I've been listening to the album all week on LOUD.  They're great!

This morning I didn't have to start work until 10:30am so I was able to sleep until after 8am!  Bliss after a series of 5:30am wake ups.

How was your week?


No comments:

Post a Comment