Sunday 17 March 2013

Sunday Slideshow

I'd almost forgotten that I was in Perth earlier this week.  So much has happened in the days since then.  Arriving at my hotel at about 4:30 in the afternoon gave me the opportunity to go for a walk and recover from the flight.  I could also take advantage of the afternoon light.

I noticed that Perth city has some lovely old buildings and also facades that have been well-preserved.  Here is the St George's portico.  It's the original entry to a theatre which was on the site.  Of the original building, only the portico remains - now attached to a shiny, modern building.  At first I didn't notice the building behind;  I thought there was just a portico sitting on the Hay Street footpath.

St George's Portico
© divacultura 2013
 Shiny modern buildings, when bathed in the right light, often are spectacular with their taking of light and reflections.  I just loved this building which looks quite blue and reflects both nature and the old architecture on the opposite side of the street.

© divacultura 2013

© divacultura 2013

Perth has a lot of public art.  It's a great place to just wander around and soak up the atmosphere.  I found this sculpture outside the courthouse to be very striking, especially in black and white.


Court house public art
© divacultura 2013
 Back in Melbourne, I saw the Melbourne Theatre Company Production of "Constellations" on Saturday afternoon.  With the Grand Prix also on, St Kilda Road was very busy despite the weather.  (Our heatwave is over.)  I had half an hour to spare before the show, so I wandered around the shop in the National Gallery of Victoria.  I quite like this shot of the pool out the front - love how the water looks.

NGV, St Kilda Road
© divacultura 2013
 The water wall at the front of the gallery is always wondrous to look at.  On the other side of the wall, inside the gallery, a comic lounge has been set up.  It's a designated space with black and white mats and cushions and pens and paper to draw a page for a comic book. I took the next two photos of it through the water wall.  They remind me of Impressionist paintings.

Water wall impressions - NGV
© divacultura 2013

Water wall impressions II - NGV
© divacultura 2013

What do you like to take photos of?

No comments:

Post a Comment