Sunday 3 March 2013

Sunday slideshow

 Another week of interesting photos.  With the shift to autumn we've been having some spectacular weather accompanied by big, clear, blue skies.  Queensland skies.  I've noticed the light is particularly great for bringing out contrast in black and white shots.

Firstly is a shot of one of my favourite street corners in Melbourne - the corner of Elizabeth Street and Little Collins Street, looking towards Swanston Street.  The black and white really shows off the ornate old building and then behind it is the modern skyscraper, almost luminous.

Old and the new
© divacultura 2013


Way up the other end of town, on the corner of Collins Street and Spring Street I looked up.  I'm very happy with the composition of this shot.
© divacultura 2013
 On the same corner looking left.  I always find the palm trees to be out of place, but they add to all the vertical lines in this shot.

© divacultura 2013


While waiting for a train at Flinders Street station during the week, I noticed the shadows on the platform and took this shot.  Zombie apocalypse?

© divacultura 2013


I spent some time in Yarraville's pop up park this afternoon, hanging out with a friend.  It's such a lovely hub for the community in this beautiful weather.  My friend and I were playing Scrabble.  While I waited for her to lay her tiles, I took the opportunity to take some photos.

This is the other part of the Sun cinema's signage.  It could almost be a newspaper masthead.
© divacultura 2013
 And here's the usual sign, taken from the platform at the Yarraville train station.



Here's the view from my deckchair.

© divacultura 2013


Here's the Scrabble board from my perspective.  I went on to win the game!

© divacultura 2013

Another perspective on the park from behind the Scrabble board.

© divacultura 2013


The happy stripes of the deck chairs in the pop up park.

© divacultura 2013
Lastly, a self-portrait.  It's been a while since I've done one.  I quite like the mood of this one and the black and white filter makes it look like a news clipping.

© divacultura 2013
There's my week in photos. Which one/s do you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment