Thursday 6 December 2012

The deal went down at 9:45am.

I had an assignation with a stranger on a street corner this morning.  We confirmed our arrangements over the internet.  Text messages confirming our whereabouts were exchanged on the day.  We met.  We exchanged paper packages. We went our separate ways.  I felt satisfied.  I only got the first name.

What springs to mind?

A drug deal?

A lost property found scenario?

Some kind of new age, web based treasure hunt?

Paying my hit man?

Receiving payment for something shady?  A bribe perhaps.

The blind date?  (But what was in the packages?)

It all hinges on what was in the package.

Here's what was in the one I handed over:


Raku Regenbogen
(c) divacultura 2012


Here's what was in the one I received:

Dornroschen
(c) divacultura 2012
It's my favourite German sock yarn, Wollmeise.  I received the rainbow in a mystery bag.  The red and pink dornroschen has been on my list for a while.  The universe provided when a local, fellow member of Ravelry expressed her desire for my skein.  I went hunting in her stash (online) and boldly proposed a swap.

If anyone saw us, they may be writing about the two unlikely looking women engaged in a brazen drug deal in the legal precinct of the Melbourne CBD before morning smoko.

Now, what to make with my lovely, vibrating red and pink?

No comments:

Post a Comment