Friday 12 October 2012

My favourite things - this week ( in pictures)

Lygon Street Carlton
(c) divacultura 2012
You never know what you'll see.  I was on Lygon Street in Carlton on Monday afternoon when I saw a man dressed as a cowboy riding his horse down the street!

Spencer Street
(c) divacultura 2012
 The city was shining in the weak morning sunshine, helped along by the rain that had fallen.  The view from the top of the escalators at Southern Cross Station was beautiful.  The streets look silver.

Wood 'book' panelling
(c) divacultura 2012
I visited the city library today to collect my reserved copy of "Savages" by Don Winslow.  (Need to read it before I see the movie.)  They've had a makeover.  There's sculptural wood panelling that's in the process of being installed.  It looks a bit like books.  The timber is from trees that had died within the City of Melbourne.  A great way to give them a second life.

Shoe parade
(c) divacultura 2012
Waiting to cross Collins Street at Elizabeth Street today, I noticed the bright yellow snakeskin shoes worn by a man wearing orange trousers and a navy blazer.  If he had turned around and was wearing a cravat I wouldn't have been surprised.  At the same lights was a woman wearing an incredible pair of shoes with rectangular, diagonal heels.

Spring glimpse
(c) divacultura 2012
On a very cold day, at the end of a very cold week, I was happy to see this little green sprout, evidence that spring is here.  Really.


No comments:

Post a Comment