Saturday 25 August 2012

Fish eye view - working the new gadgets

Walking across to the Arts this afternoon on my way to see "Chess", I noticed something up on the roof.  It was an "environmental art installation", called KAERU.  I'm not sure what it all means, but it was very intricate and pretty.

I took the opportunity to try out my new lens on my iphone camera.  The fish eye is great fun.  Here's a sample.
Pointing the way to Kaeru
(c) divacultura 2012
This photo  of the path to Kaeru (above) was taken using the wide angle lens.


This is planet earth
(c) divacultura 2012
Fish eye view
(c) divacultura 2012
These photos (above & right) was taken using the fish eye.  The overcast sky (and filters I've applied using Instagram) makes this look like the moon is looming very full.  Otherworldly.
With the instagram filter applied (right) I like the way the foreground is in colour, superimposed against a black and white background.

Details
(c) divacultura 2012
 

 Close up of some of the structures.  I used the macro lens for this one (above).
Caught in the spider web
(c) divacultura 2012
The photo above looks like it is taken from the silk of a giant spider web, strung between city buildings.

I'll experiment with the Holga tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment