Sunday 15 July 2012

Sunday Photo Session - Collins Street

Sunday is one of my favourite days to wander around and notice the details in things.  There is so much to see in Collins Street, Melbourne.  I've taken some photographs so I can share the experience.

(c) divacultura 2012
 I love looking up when I'm walking in the city.  There are some wonderful facades that are easy to miss when walking in a hurry with your head and eyes down.  This one looks like a cameo brooch.
(c) divacultura 2012
 Just next door is this tiled mosaic.  The complete quote - which I couldn't get in shot - is "I'll put a girdle around the world."  I think it's quite wonderful.

The next three shots are various angles on the Melbourne Town Hall.  Such a solid, lasting building.  Look at those lines!  Bliss.

(c) divacultura 2012

The light is on.
(c) divacultura 2012

(c) divacultura 2012
 I love the delicacy of the tree branches and seed pods juxtaposed against the sturdy, square building.
(c) divacultura 2012
Another Melbourne facade with no building behind it!  Look up and left!

(c) divacultura 2012
 Add a different filter and it looks less cheerful.  It makes me think the building is winking at me.

(c) divacultura 2012
This brings to mind that line from Paul Simon's song "Call me Al": There were angels in the architecture.

(c) divacultura 2012
This is a shot of the copper window frame and door frame at Husk on Collins Street.  The foreground is the window frame.  You can see the hinge on the door.  Walk between to enter!

(c) divacultura 2012
Urban nature. The base of a tree meets concrete.  I wonder if the tree is happy with its situation.

That was my Sunday afternoon.  What did you see today?

**All photos taken on my iphone 4s and then processed using the Instagram app.**

No comments:

Post a Comment