Friday 6 July 2012

My favourite things...this week

1. My electric ball winder!  Much of the yarn that I like to knit with these days comes in a hank and has to be wound into a ball before it can be used.  When there are over 400 metres of yarn, that's a lot of winding! I noticed recently an electric winder reduced to less than one third of its price.  I decided it was worth trying, even though I already have a manual ball winder.  It WAS!  I highly recommend this and would even recommend paying full price.

2. My Sony ebook reader.  This was a birthday gift from a friend a couple of years ago.  I was sceptical at first.  How could e-ink ever replace the sound of a page turning?  Well it can.  I love the portability and the fact that it's as easy to read  a really thick book as it is a really thin book.  The built in dictionary and the ability to change the font size and write notes in the margins just make me love it more.

3. Silverbeet.  While I've been ill, I've been craving the dark green leafy goodness.  I've been eating wilted spinach, with garlic, lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil with puy lentils or rice and crumbled fetta.  Vitamins can taste great!

4. The satisfaction of a clear desk.  It's not always so.  Things had got a bit out of hand lately and I was starting to feel stressed by the weight of paper I was under.    So once I was well enough I just rolled up my sleeves and tackled it.  Feels great!

5. My newly completed Blooming Flower cushion.  It's happiness with padding.

What are your favourite things this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment