Wednesday 4 July 2012

Blooming flowers - making a little bit of spring

I've been admiring the Blooming Flower cushion over at Attic24 for a while.  With a stocktaking sale on at my local yarn store and a lovely assortment of colours available in cotton, I decided to make one for myself.
(c) divacultura 2012

Choosing the colours was easy.  I just bought one ball of every colour I could see and then used them randomly.  I love clashing, random colours together.  The end result can be rather spectacular.  When I say random, I mean I just put my hand in the bag and used whichever colour I had in my hand.  I've heard that some people go even further and roll a die to determine the colour sequence.
(c) divacultura 2012

Looking at this cushion makes me happy.  It's brought a little bit of springtime sunshine into winter.  I might even make another one.

(c) divacultura 2012
Lucy's tutorial at Attic24 is excellent.  If you follow that, you can't really go wrong.  I do suggest that you count everything on every round though!  Much better to discover a missing stitch quickly than to have to rip hours and hours of work.
(c) divacultura 2012

Here are the technical details:

Yarn: Panda Cotton Blend 8 ply
Hook: 4mm
Cushion insert - 16 inch diameter

What do you think of my pillow?  Will you make one too?

(c) divacultura 2012

2 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful cushion! I'll try it out! I love making that flower for hats and things but never thought of it for a cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it! I smile every time I look at it. Please do share yours when you're done!

    ReplyDelete