Sunday 10 June 2012

Photo a day June - Your view today

I got all mixed up!  "Your view today" was the photo a day theme for Saturday.  I thought it was for Friday.  Friday's theme was "6 o'clock" which I completely failed to meet.  So I thought I'd show you my view over the last couple of days.

My View Today
(c) divacultura 2012
This is the "official" photo of my view yesterday.  Wandering around the city in the rain after choir practice yesterday, this display of colour in Australia on Collins caught my eye.  The umbrellas were suspended over about three floors.  The bright colours were a lovely contrast to the grey Melbourne weather.

This was much better than my view the day before.
(c) divacultura 2012
I spent Friday in this room at St Vincent's hospital.  I wasn't unwell, I was working as a simulated patient for medical students' exams.  That pale green they paint everything in hospitals with is enough to make me feel green around the gills.  Add some very strong fluorescent lighting and you've got the perfect circumstances to drain life from otherwise healthy people.

If I looked a little to my left I could see this.


(c) divacultura 2012

At 6 o'clock I was tucked in a Thai restaurant in a Melbourne laneway having a very early dinner with a friend who had also been working at St Vincent's.  No photo of that.

There were two other lovely views from yesterday that I want to share with you.
(c) divacultura 2012
Rather than drive to choir practice on a Saturday, I've started catching the train.  It actually takes less time and is much cheaper.  I have time to buy a coffee after I arrive at Flinders Street before my connecting train leaves and I always enjoy having reading time.  Yesterday, the park at Clifton Hill looked particularly lovely. The trees with their thinning, brightly coloured foliage, the lush green grass sprinkled with the fallen leaves and the tree trunks black from the rain. I didn't mind walking in the rain when I could see such a lovely piece of nature.  (I have used a filter on this photo to emphasise the contrast.)

Outside my rehearsal space there is a herb garden.  It's lovely to watch it change through all the different seasons.  In summer the aroma of basil permeates the garden.  Here's what it looked like yesterday.
(c) divacultura 2012
The window has a mirror finish and there's a seat to sit and contemplate. I love the brick wall behind it with its peeling paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment