Friday 15 June 2012

My favourite things...this week.

This week's top five favourite things:

1. Missy Higgins's new album, The Ol Razzle Dazzle.  If I still listened to records, I would say that it has been on high rotation, but that doesn't seem to apply to a playlist on the ipod.

2.  Reading knitting patterns on my Sony Tablet.  This is a revelation.  The reality of a paperless world is starting to look possible.

3. Having said that, let me contradict myself.  My third favourite thing is my go everywhere notebook.  This month it's a soft cover ruled Moleskine for work and a smaller, blank soft cover Moleskine for capturing creative inspiration.

4. I've always loved writing with a pencil.  I've tried mechanical pencils, but the spare leads end up in the same place as the box of staples - some mysterious, secret hiding place which the universe will not reveal.  I have just discovered the Palomino Blackwing.  I love the evocative name. Can you fall in love with a pencil?

5. The HBO television series, Game of Thrones.  Coming from a non-fantasy background (I hated "The Hobbit", don't understand the fuss about "Star Wars") I was sceptical about this show.  The tall pile of thick novels by George R.R. Martin revealed unfamiliar names and confirmed all my suspicions.  Then I heard people talking about the show and I thought "I have to watch this show".  So now I am.  It's wonderful. Brutal, but wonderful storytelling.

What are you loving this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment