Thursday 26 January 2012

First conversation of the year with my neighbour

The neighbour in question is the strange one whom I suspect is doing strange things within the confines of his flat. I've introduced you to him before.

There have been three sightings this week, all involving him wearing his very warm overcoat.  Including on the days when the temperature has been around 35 degrees Celsius.  I only saw him close enough to be obliged to speak to him today for the first time in 2012.  Here's how the conversation went:

ME: Hi Gottfried*.  Happy new year to you.

GOTTFRIED: I don't celebrate new year.

ME: Well, hello anyway and good wishes to you.

GOTTFRIED: Yes.  Hello Tanya.  Good wishes to everyone everyday.  All the time.


I ran up the stairs feeling nervous.


* Not his real name

No comments:

Post a Comment