Saturday 26 November 2011

Happiness is...the small moments.

Browsing in the book store the other day, I saw Snoopy and Charlie Brown out of the corner of my eye.  They were on the cover of a book by Charles M. Schulz called "Happiness is a warm puppy".  It made me smile and I thought to myself, "Isn't it though?"  On this grey Melbourne day, here are some things that I've caught myself feeling happy about today.

1. Happiness is waking up to the sound of rain and the knowledge that it was right to cancel our outdoor choir gig today.

2. Happiness is knowing that the weather bureau was accurate with the weather forecast.

3. Happiness is realising my dress was on inside out before I left the house.

4. Happiness is not being the driver of the vehicle facing the wrong way after coming off the road and crashing into the safety railing.

5. Happiness is the satisfaction of doing the washing and drying it on the line in yesterday's lost sunshine.

6. Happiness is a series of green lights that allowed me to arrive fifteen minutes early when I expected to be five minutes late.

7. Happiness is not having an addiction that requires me to sit in my wheelchair in my pyjamas in the rain outside the hospital so I can smoke a cigarette.

8. Happiness is having pyjamas that I wouldn't be embarrassed to wear out if the situation required it.

9. Happiness is meeting a parking inspector who told me not to hurry back as he was just finishing his shift and I shouldn't worry if I went "a bit over".

10. Happiness is taking some time to think about the small things that are good.

My brother has just moved house and I spoke to him on the morning after the move.  He told me: "I'll pay you a million dollars if you can drive up from Melbourne and find the kettle."

It's the small things really.

No comments:

Post a Comment